Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend is Over

I hate when the weekend is over.  I feel like I am two different people: Work Lauren and Weekend Lauren. 

We had a good time on Saturday with my sister and her kids.  They played with our kids, we ate, talked, and drank.  Then Saturday night, we went out to eat at SaZa's for Hubby's birthday.  I had the Seafood Risotto.  It was delicious.  I felt bad for not sticking, so much, to my diet.  I also had one Pineapple Upside Down Cake Martini, 2 glasses of red wine, and a Bay Breeze.  Needless to say, I woke up with a headache on Sunday.

Last night, Son #2 would not stay in his bed.  He has a problem with this.  Hubby and me, in much need of sleep, just let him crawl into our bed.  Again, Son #1 woke up with a nightmare.  He told me he dreamt about "the faces."  They were scary faces.  He cried screamed at the foot of the stairs.  I retrieved him, hugged him, and told him he could sleep on the floor in our room.  He was upset by this. He wanted to sleep in our bed.  Son #1 is a toenail digger.  By that, I mean he digs his toenails into your back when you are sleeping, and it is uncomfortable. 

He sat on the floor whining and complaining for about an hour, and every time I would think he'd fallen back asleep, he'd do it again.  I.AM.NOT.PATIENT at THREE in the MORNING.  Finally, he said, "Mommy, I need to tell you something," and I yelled, "SON #1 JUST GO TO BED!" 

I wish I could be more of a loving/comforting mother sometimes, but 3 AM is just not the time for me.  I comforted him when he came down the stairs, hugged him, told him next time he had a bad dream to remember that he controls his dreams, and that he can stop them.  That's about the extent of my comforting at 3 AM.

In other news: The boys now enjoy showers: immensely.  They say it is like playing in the rain!

Darling Daughter also repeated every word I said to her out of the alphabet book we read together, and she tried to pee on the potty, urinating instead right next to it! 

They're growing up!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds stressful (trying to sleep with bad dreams sneaking into your kids heads at night!) Luckily (knock on wood,) that hasn't been an issue here, but then, I put box fans in their rooms and if they do have them, I wouldn't know because I couldn't hear them at night! I'm glad your boys have learned the joys of taking showers! Definitely growing up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight, we made a "monster potion," so we'll see if it works! I can't believe how fast they are growing up. It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services