Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year! 2012

Happy New Year!  I know most of us are all shocked and surprised that the world didn't end.  I guess the Mayans just ran out of stone.  Oh, but I also heard that the world isn't supposed to end until 12/21/12, so maybe it still will.

We had a great time ringing in the New Year with friends.  Normally, on New Year's Eve, I'm in bed and asleep by 9 or 9:30.  Hubby always calls me an old fogey!  Well, not last night.  We invited over some friends and their kids.  The kids played  destroyed the upstairs playroom, while we adults ate, drank, and talked downstairs.  It was so much fun!  I think we're going to have to do this every year.  What a wonderful way to celebrate the end of one year and the beginning of another!  To add to the fun, Auburn won their game against Virginia!  WAR EAGLE!!!



Unfortunately, I drank too much.  I remembered when I woke up this morning why I don't drink like that anymore, because when you get past a certain age you simply cannot handle alcohol!  Once in awhile it's fun though.

I did not really cook for the party.  I bought a lot of little finger foods from Costco, popped them in the oven, and voila, food!  Son # 2 was sick in bed most of the day.  He had a fever of 104.3, and finally around 3:30 when we realized it was not going down with tylenol and motrin, Hubby took him to PriMed.  Of course, he didn't have the flu or strep, and they sent him home saying it was most likely a virus.  He spent most of the evening pent up in our bedroom watching "Curious George" on our computer (we don't have a tv in there).  He is feeling much better today!


I was shocked that Darling Daughter managed to stay up until about 9:00 and even more shocked that Son #1 stayed up until 12:38!!!  That was a miracle.  He is usually a mess if he goes to bed later than 8 or 8:30.  Who knows what today will bring after that late night!  Here's a cute video from earlier in the day, when Darling Daughter and Son #1 were being sweet to each other (sort of).  I tried to get them to wish everyone a "Happy New Year," too, with limited success:


The kids counted down with us: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, and then screamed Happy New Year's!  The party dwindled down, everyone left, and I fell into bed with my burning hot baby. 

I'm looking forward to a better year than 2011.  We're starting it out by watching movies, relaxing, and cleaning the house.

Happy New Year's to Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services