Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tae Kwon Do

This morning I went to taekwondo.  I went last night too.  I'm in the routine of going four nights (or rather three nights and Saturday morning) a week now.  I absolutely love this sport. 

Last night, our instructor was out (motorcycle accident, but he's okay), so the owner of our studio taught.  I thought I would die.  We must have done about 75 push-ups.  I can barely lift my arm above my shoulder today. 

He also made us run suicides.  He called them EXPLODE.  First we had to do vertical leaps, because his daughter is on volley ball, and vertical leaping for volley ball is a must.  I have to admit, I am not a great vertical leaper.  I think I looked more like I was skipping.  Then we had to do long jumps, and EXPLODE into the next jump.  Next, we did exploding while hopping on one leg.  Does this sound like torture yet?  I have to admit it was a wonderful workout.

Coming into class this morning, I didn't think I was sore until our instructor made us work on our inner and outer form blocks.  Doing these over and over almost killed me.  My arms are aching so badly now.  I actually felt like I wanted to throw up from muscle strain during the class.  Probably.not.a.good.sign.

I was thinking, while I was EXPLODING, how far I've come since I joined the class last Spring.  There is basically no way I would have had the endurance to get through those two workouts last April, and now I'm there.  I can do it.  I can meet my goals.  I can EXPLODE down the floor FOUR TIMES without passing out!!!  Amazing.

4 comments:

  1. Great work!  It's funny, I'd rather run 13.1 miles than do a single push up.  We did push ups and planks after a run a couple weeks ago and I was sore for days afterward.  I tip my hat to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm impressed! 75 pushups! I've never done even half that many (when I was young or now!) You go, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm exploding just thinking about it!  I have such respect for you - that you'd even attempt a workout like that - I bow down to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! We're opposites. I would much rather do a few pushups than run, even a 1/2 mile!

    ReplyDelete

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services