Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Goal Post

The Goal Post
 
And the cold continues to plague my workout schedule this week.  I just started a sentence with "and," which my 8 year old says is a huge no-no.  I think he earned my talents for looking at grammar as the only set of rigid rules in the world!  My workouts suffered this week, because of Halloween, an 8 year old birthday party, and the fact that I cannot get over this cold.  Plus, I'm hating this time change.  I keep waking up at 4:30, and then I feel ready for bed by 8:30.  I need my body to get used to it.  So here goes, my goals from last week:
 
  • Run 1.25 miles: I did not.  I did buy new running shoes.  They are Brooks' Ravennas, and they are awesome, and I'm excited to get some mileage on them.  I ran 1 mile on Sunday in 8 minutes 45 seconds, and then I promptly petered out.  My Taekwondo instructor told me to try to run that pace for half a mile, slow up for another half a mile, then try to run fast for another half a mile to get to 1.5 miles.  We'll see if that works. 
  •  
  • Perfect my Yul Guuk Form: Eh--so so.  I think I did pretty well working on it Tuesday night, but once again we have a few changes.  I just don't feel like it flows as well as some of my other forms, but maybe it's mental on my part.  I haven't been at Taekwondo as much lately, because there is just so much going on in my life, and again this cold is wrecking my lungs.  I must really work on this.  I am a slight perfectionist!
  •  
  • Work on My Novel: I did.  I hate one of my characters.  How do you keep going if you begin to hate your main character?  I mean, she is okay, but I do feel like she's making all the wrong choices.  Maybe that's where she's supposed to lead me.  Plus, I came up with another great idea, and I need to outline and do character sketches for that story.  My creative juices runneth over.
 
Goals for This Week
  • Run 1 mile: I'm backing down to 1 mile once this cold actually leaves my body.  I think I'm going to need to build back up again a little bit, plus I really need to break in my running shoes (not to mention my bones and joints) before I run to far.
  •  
  • Work on My Novel: Write 5-10 pages on my novel this week.  Take the time to put some thought into it.  Really get into my characters' heads.  Character sketch the other idea I have, but don't stop working on the novel that I'm already 50 pages into.
  •  
  • Stop Eating Candy: I love almond joys.  And when they're sitting on the corner of my desk for everyone else to eat them, I begin to unwrap and pop them in my mouth.  Stop sabotaging yourself, Lauren, and get back on the wagon.  An occasional treat is okay, but I need to stop overdoing it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services