Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Goal Post

 
 
So I enjoyed the long weekend thoroughly, by mostly relaxing after a few wild and crazy weekends of Halloween and Number One's spend-the night party, and way too much to do.  All the sitting around gave me time to work on one of my goals in particular.

Last Week's Goals:
  • Run 1 Mile: I ran 1 mile in 9 minutes 23 seconds on Sunday. The run felt good, and I actually felt like I could have kept going, but I stopped and walked for a while instead.  I ran in the park, while Hubby watched the kids play.  Then I came over and played with the kids for awhile.  I really enjoying running in the park with my headphones on, listening to the music as my feet hit the path.  I have this amazing feeling of solitude and wholeness when I'm running that I never feel at any other time.  Hubby says this is the runner's high.  Whatever it is, I like it!

  • Work on my Novel: I wrote and wrote and wrote this weekend.  The words flowed and the ideas crept out onto the paper as if the novel was writing itself.  I have written 56 Word pages, which equals roughly 100 book pages.  I feel like I know where the story is going and how it's going to end.  Now, I just need to get it all down, then start massive editing. 

  • Stop Eating Candy: One of my easiest goals.  One of my co-workers devoured the rest of the chocolate over the weekend.  Thanks!  So, I wasn't at all tempted to have any chocolate the rest of the week.  Although yesterday...I ate way too many chocolaty desserts.  Not good with Thanksgiving coming up...

Goals for This Week:
  • Work on my Novel: I have an urge to complete this work.  I've never felt this motivated in actually finishing something.  I am always too critical of my unfinished work.   I have a friend who I really feel inspired me to complete this work.  Sometimes just having someone believe in you is all you need to accomplish your dreams. 

  • Run 1.25 miles: I woke up at 4:30 to run this morning, but unfortunately Darling Daughter woke up too, and then shortly after Number Two climbed down the stairs, much to my chagrin.  Oh well.  They're only little for a few years.  I'll run my 1.25 miles on Saturday, and then I'll try to repeat on Sunday at the park. 

  • Patience and Control: I've been having a hard time this week controlling my patience.  I feel like I am snappy at the kids, and not enjoying them they way I normally do.  I need to control this behavior and realize they are only little once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services