Thursday, April 12, 2012

Watching the Sun Rise

I woke up early this morning, and I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and watching the sun rise. I love my coffee in the morning, and I love my alone time.  The sky has a bluish green tinge and the houses and trees are just black shadows. The morning is stretched out before me full of potential.

Son Number Two came downstairs when I had been awake for fifteen minutes. He crawled on my lap, and I hugged him. He told me I was squeezing too hard. He said, "I have to go to the bafroom." He says "bafroom" and "ting" and "tree." I love it when he says, "I don't like that ting." I still try to correct him, as that's my nature. He sticks his tongue between his teeth and then pulls it back saying "ting," as I annunciate "th-ing." He'll eventually outgrow it, as kids outgrow things...

He has a field trip today to the puppet show, and he is excited. He ask me every morning, "Momma, is today a home day?" He loves home days. He's my child who is a homebody. He doesn't want to do an activity. In fact, when I signed him up for gymnastics he didn't like it. I asked why, and he said, "I'd rather just sit at home on the couch." He has the best smile, the biggest blue eyes, and he makes the silliest faces all the time! He just cracks me up with the things he says. His favorite thing to do right now is to dance, sticking out his bottom and say, "I like to shake my booty!" Nice, almost four year old humor. Cracks me up.

Enjoying my morning with this silly little guy and remembering how it feels like he was just born yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! What a CUTE collage!!! How did you do that?!?!? I think I have to do one now too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have Picasa?  They have a little "collage" feature that I used.  I tagged his photos, and then hit the collage button, and it made it for me.  Super easy!

    ReplyDelete

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services