Monday, April 23, 2012

Back to Normal

This week, it's time to get back to normal.  Hell week is over!  With events every night last week, my body is tired and ready to wind down.  I have a friend who says you shouldn't wish away your life, and he is right, but sometimes you wish for a little bit more time in your life and just a few more hours to sleep at night!  That's how I felt about last week.  Actually, I sort of want a mental health week now, but that won't happen because I have three kids and a job and...

I did kisado and TKD on Saturday after being off for a week and a half, and I'm super sore.  Every time I stand up from a chair I want to scream in pain.  I'm glad I did it and danced in a ball on Saturday night, because the exercise allowed me to indulge in a little extra food and drink this weekend. I need to hop back on the wagon today, and fast before I fall off of it for the rest of my life!!!

Oh, and here's a photo of me and my friend at the Ball.  Hubby, unfortunately, recorded a little video of me practicing beforehand.  I do believe at some point, I will be able to erase that evidence!  Our group was Vanilla Ice, and we danced to "Ice, Ice Baby."



Yesterday we went to the Low Country Boil at Son Number Two's new school.  They had a silent auction and a regular auction and lots of yummy food and drinks.  I had a great time catching up with my brother (who I don't see enough even though he lives thirty minutes away!).  We sat around under a tent, a nice breeze blowing, and chatted and drank.  The kids were at home terrorizing the babysitter, but we didn't have to worry about them.  It was a nice relaxing end to a long week.  My Mom and Dad bid on several items and won two of them (maybe to my Dad's chagrin).  They won a English countryside painting with cows.  When I looked at it, it reminded me of my Granny Becker who always talked about cows. 

I saw some parents of kids I knew growing up, and we chatted about their kids: where they were and how they were doing.  One of my friends from TKD whose son goes to the school was there, and we caught up as well.  It was such a beautiful day.  A nice day to end one week and transition into another...

1 comment:

  1. That looks like it was a lot of fun!  What a great ending to your week!

    ReplyDelete

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services