Sunday, February 26, 2012

To My Nephew

We are having a going away party for my nephew today.  He is starting his life, leaving the nest, going out on his own and making something of his life.  To be young and have your whole future in front of you is such a wonderful feeling.

I remember when he was little.  We all went to see the Lion King with him, and he loved it.  He would sing Hakuna Matata for hours, and he could recite half the movie! For Halloween he dressed up as Simba, and he looked adorable.  I used to babysit him, and he would play for hours with his cars and trains.  He has grown up, turning from a baby into a man.
My nephew hates this photo with his little bowl haircut!  It's funny though, when I think of him this is how I always picture him, despite the fact that he is now a grown man.  Kids grow up so fast.  You blink, and where they were once a baby or toddler, now they're a child.  I was only a teenager when he was born, and now I'm in my 30s.  It's hard to believe that so many years have passed.  Time has flown by, leaving me to wonder where the years went and how this little child turned into a man in the blink of an eye.

To J--I hope you follow your dreams and your heart.  Make the most of yourself.  Take every opportunity you are given.  Love, Your Aunt Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services