Every year, I set out to make goals for the new year. Sometimes, I manage to achieve these goals and other times the year flies by and I've done nothing (well not nothing, but just nothing in the way of achieving my goals). This year, my goals are going to be mostly writing oriented, because at this point in my life it's the most important thing to me. Plus, if I don't set the goals I'll never get anywhere. You never know what you can achieve if you don't try.
Here are my goals for 2015:
- In 2015, I will publish "No Turning Back." I'm working, slowly, but surely on editing it right now. I am also finding a cover, then I will format it for e-publishing. I'll have a soft open and then a promotion period on Amazon. Self-publishing is about a lot of self-marketing too. So, I'll be on Twitter, Facebook, here (my blog), and Google+ doing giveaways. Stay tuned for that, as well as some teasers from the book. I'll be posting the first few chapters on #Wattpad the first week of January, then the book should be out on Amazon by mid-January 2015.
- Polish "The Devil Within," and re-write certain sections. I'm releasing a chapter every three days of this book on #Wattpad. You can read it here: http://www.wattpad.com/story/26698809-the-devil-within
- Finish my work-in-progress. Find a suitable name. Edit.
- Query one agent a month
- Write at least 1,000 words a day.
- Blog twice a week
And now for non-writing goals
- Exercise at least three times a week
- Read one book a month (I tend to put down books while I'm writing, and this is not good).
- Lose 10 pounds
- Start a professional blog. I'll keep this blog for personal blogging, but I'd like to separate out my writing blog.
That's all folks!
Make sure to check me out on Facebook and on Twitter:
Check me out on Wattpad.