Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Goal Update: February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I had to look all the way back to January 31 to see my list of goals the other day.  I did not reach them.  Every week, I'm not reaching them, but that's okay because I'm accomplishing at least one or two of them each week.  Why beat yourself up, just look at it as a chance to do better, right?

I did not vacuum at all this week.  In fact, I feel like I was sort of lazy after I worked out.  I didn't want to do much.  We finally had a cold front, and boy did it get cold!  I went to the movies and out to eat A LOT (this is a no-no when you're trying to lose weight!). 

I did, however, advance to my next level in Taekwondo. I'm now a 2nd Level Green Belt.  Here's a pic from Ceremony: Me and Mr. Bob:

Son #1 received his too!  They have changed a few things up in Taekwondo this session.  We are now learning a new form, called the Ho-Am Progressive form.  It's fun, and I'm sort of glad to be learning it because as a second level green you normally just test on the same form you tested on in 1st Level!  Also, they have added kisado classes (interval cardio workouts), and those are quite enjoyable and challenging.

I didn't do my walking in between testing and beginning of Taekwondo class, because I was still recovering from strep.  Speaking of strep: Everyone is sick lately.  Everyone is sick and coming to work and to Taekwondo.  Go home people!  I don't want to get sick again!!!

And lastly, I have now lost 22 pounds!  I lost 2 pounds over the last couple of weeks.  I am starting to lose inches too, and my clothes are rather baggy.  I have a great friend who has set aside some of her old clothes for me to look through, because I really cannot afford to go shopping right now.  Plus, I don't want to go shopping until I lose the rest of the weight.  I have 38 pounds to go.  When I think about that number it makes me shudder.  It seems like SO much weight, but I know I can do it.  I just have to take one step at a time, peel off one pound a week, and eventually I will reach my goal weight.

Goals this Week:

1. Actively play with the kids after I come home from work.  So many times I jump on the computer, they sit in front of the TV or play their DS, and I want us to interact more. 
2. Lose 1.5 pounds.  I'm going BIG this week again.  I feel like I'm on a roll...
3. Vacuum -- putting it on here again!!!
4. Practice my Green Belt Form and my Progressive Form every day.



2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you.  Keep up the good work.  DH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services