Friday, December 28, 2012

Running and Acting

I'm back into my exercise routine, minus the dojang of course.  I can't wait until Taekwondo opens again.  I dreamt about it last night, and I miss it.  In the meantime, I'm putting some miles on my Brooks.

I went out running yesterday morning, and I made it 2 miles.  I felt the best I have in awhile, mostly contributed to the fact that this cold is finally going away!  I had this sense of exhilaration around 1.5 miles, and I actually felt like I could have run further.  I love the feeling of just being that I have when I run. I love being able to listen to my music (inappropriate songs like G6 too!), and think over important things in my life (and not so important things).  I love the stillness and how I notice everything around me when I'm running.  Yesterday, as I was running by the lake I swear the ducks laughed at me. They were probably thinking, "Hey, look at that lady trying to run!"  But, hey ducks, I did pretty well!  I made it 2 miles in 18 minutes 45 seconds.  I was pretty proud of that time, because after I finished I didn't feel like dying: I felt like running more. 

In other news, I'm still working on my #26Acts for the Sandy Hook victims. I actually feel like I want to live this way from now on, looking for opportunities to help others.  I drove Hubby to work yesterday so my mother-in-law could have the car, and there was this guy fixing the fountain.  He looked so cold, and I turned to Hubby and I said, "I wish I had a pair of gloves to give him.  He needs a pair of gloves."  It's funny, because before I started doing this I probably wouldn't have even noticed a person in need like that! 

My Acts, #9 and #10, were personal to me.  I gave to two people in my life who I love very much, and who I feel are like extended family. 

I signed up to do my Act #11 too!  I'm going to give blood to the Red Cross. I haven't done this in recent years, because I normally faint.  I know stupid, right?  But I hate the feeling of fainting. I told the lady I signed up with that I might faint, and she said she'd bring an extra pillow! My blood type is needed, always, and I just feel like it's the right thing to do.  The blood banks always need blood, so this is a very easy way to help. 
 
 
This act will be in honor of Ana M. Marquez-Greene. 
 
Are you participating in 26 Acts?  If so, feel free to leave your comment in the comment section, telling me what you're doing to spread the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services