Saturday, October 27, 2012

Growing Up

Saturday!  My favorite day of the week.  I love the lazing around in the morning with the kids.  I love taking my time to sip on my coffee, read a book, basically do whatever I want.  Work this week was crazy busy.  It's the end of the month, so that happens, but I left work every day feeling totally exhausted. 

Still, it was a great week.

Son Number One made all As on his report card, including conduct.  This was a huge accomplishment for him...and for us.  Conduct has always been the issue.  He is naturally smart, and he works hard when he doesn't want to complain about his homework.  But, he has this idea that the rules don't apply to him.  He hates being bossed around.  He wants to do what he wants.  This year, we introduced him to the Boys' Team at gymnastics. Six hours of working out a week.  He has mad energy, so I believe this really helps with the behavior at school.  He needed an outlet, and he found what made him happy.  He's growing right up.  So proud of my silly boy!
 
I really see a change in him this year.  He is maturing.  He is becoming more aware of boundaries and rules.  Like my Dad said, at seven one becomes a fully aware that they are truly alive.  I see that in Number One this year.  My heart, my love, my firstborn.   
 
I love seeing him grow up, even though it hurts my heart a little bit.  He's so enthusiastic about life.  He enjoys living life to the fullest.  We can all learn from the simple joy of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services