Monday, October 22, 2012

Easy Peasy Recipes: Sausage Balls

I'd like to start a new, occasional, post on easy recipes that we like.  I've found a new love of cooking this year.  A lot of these recipes have come to me from other people.  This particular recipe was passed to me from a co-worker.  Here goes:

Cheesy Sausage Balls
 
 
This is my favorite breakfast food right now, and it is totally simple to make.  You need three ingredients: Bisquick, sausage, and cheese.
 
Set oven to 350.
 
To begin with, take your one (1) pound of sausage and place it in a mixing bowl.  Do not cook the sausage beforehand.
 
Pour in two cups of cheese.
 
Pour in three cups of Bisquick.
 
*Side Note: I only use 2 cups of Bisquick in this recipe, because I use organic breakfast sausage, which is not as greasy as Jimmy Dean or other types of lower grade meat.  Adjust to meet your needs.
 
I usually put in a little bit of water to help the Bisquick, meat and cheese stick together.  This is not necessary if you use a greasier sausage. 
 
Then mix.  I use a mixer with the bread attachments, and they work really well to mix the Bisquick, meat and cheese together.  The bread attachments are the ones that look like little hooks, and they come with most mixer sets. 
 
Once it's mixed together, you can take a scoop and scoop out balls onto a cookie sheet, or use your hands to roll balls and place them on the cookie sheet.  This recipe fills up one and half cookie sheets. 
 
Place in the oven for 15-18 minutes. 
 
The finished product:
 
 
 
 
I enjoy them hot out of the oven, and then I bag and freeze some to pull out during the week.  Just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds and they're still just as delicious.
 
*********************************************************************************
 
Ingredients:
 
1 lb of Pork Sausage
3 cups of Bisquick (adjust if using higher grade meat)
2 cups of Cheese (I use Cheddar)
 
Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl.  Roll into balls.  Place on a cookie sheet.  Heat in the oven at 350 for 15-18 minutes. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services