Friday, October 26, 2012

A Morning Run

I ran a 9.5 minute mile today!  This was the first time I've actually run a whole mile, without taking a breathing break.  I was super excited.  I walked at the beginning and the end, and with the extra .50 miles of cool down and warm up, I still averaged a 10.3 minute mile.  So exciting.  I really like the way running makes me feel.  I never thought I would.  I always complained when I had to run, but I enjoy doing it now.  I think it's because I'm in better shape, so it makes it way easier for me to do!

At the recommendation of some of my friends, I downloaded RunKeeper on my phone, and oh my God!, it is awesome.  You can save your workouts to track your progress.  You can set a minute per mile goal.  You can also set other goals: longest distance and weight loss goals.  Plus, while you're running a lady's voice keeps up to date on how you're doing: you have run 1.00 miles in 10 minutes.  Average time 9.5 minutes, or what not.  She is awesome and motivating too!

There are also training plans: 5K, weight loss, marathon, etc.  You can sign up for these, and it tells you exactly what workout to do in order to reach your goals. 

Here is what it looks like, and I've only had it for one day and I'm already a huge fan:
 

So my next running goal is to be able to run 2 miles without stopping.  I'm going to keep up 1 mile for a few more workouts (three or so), and then I'll try for 1.25 miles, and I'll build up.  Time to set aside some money for running shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services