Monday, June 4, 2012

Ramblings

I'm tired.  I have a cough.  Yes, I feel like complaining, and this is my blog so I can do it.  It's Monday morning, and I have a short week at work.  This coming weekend, I'm going to enjoy a girl's weekend with my friends from elementary/middle/high school.  We used to all come together one a year for a wedding shower, then a baby shower, but alas we have all been married and we've all had, at least, our first child!  So this weekend, we're meeting for food and fun.  I'm so excited to see these girls, who every time we get together it's like we've never left each other. 

I've been pretty awful with picture taking lately.  I don't know why.  I keep forgetting the camera.  I have an iphone, and it takes "ok" photos.  I've been using it more than the camera, because it already comes everywhere with me. 

And speaking of iphones, or smart phones in general: I don't know if this thing is a blessing or a curse.  I mean, every minute of every day, I have access to the internet, my friends, texting, my email box.  Yesterday, while I was at my Mom's house, I left the thing in my car and it was like the 1990s again!  No pinging constantly, no one trying to reach me, awwww...pleasant solitude.  I had everyone with me that needed to be with me, why did I need to be reached that minute of have instant access to Shazam! or to Google or to any number of apps that do semi-useful (or more appropriately, semi-useless) things for me!

This is the last week of school for Number One.  I can't believe he is almost a second grader.  He has come so far this year.  He's also starting to look so much older, lengthening out, and his face is getting that boyish look instead of that babyish look it has always had.  His hair is darkening up. He's becoming more "reasonable" about some things.  He's bull-headed like his mother.  He has a constant thirst for knowledge, and he won't let anyone win a fight.  I love the kid.  I fear the summer a little bit for the lack of routine.  He thrives on routine.  He'll be in a summer program though, so hopefully it will be okay. 

This post is so rambly, and I have no photos, so I'm going to end it so I can go start the crockpot turkey chili that I have to make this morning before work. Adieu...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services