Friday, June 15, 2012

Eddy in a Tidal Pool

Life has taken over once again, and my blog has become quiet.  I think about blogging every morning, but I have yet to actually do it until today. 

The last few weeks have been quite busy, both physically and emotionally.  A lot of changes are going on in my life right now.  I've been writing about them, but not posting publicly.  Some things are better kept to yourself, or only to a few trustworthy people.

Last weekend, I enjoyed a wonderful weekend with some of my great girl friends from childhood.  I went up to Birmingham, and we ate and drank wine, and we talked.  We didn't go to any crazy parties or go to bars.  Everything was low key, and it was so much fun to see them and reconnect with them.  I have wonderful friends who will be in my life forever, and that is so amazing. 



This week, Hubby has been out of town. The kids have been wonderful, with Son Number One thoroughly enjoying his first week of summer.  I swear he's going to be a lawyer when he grows up.  He argues with every single thing I say!  Here's Number Two with his first grade teacher at the end of the year.  I'm going to miss her so much!



Son Number Two helped me clean the downstairs bathroom.  He is the biggest helper.  Always willing to lend a hand when you need one.  I also picked him up from daycare the other day, and the cap had fallen off his tooth.  We had an emergency trip to the dentist the next morning, and they filled it.  He said, "I can't eat ANYTHING hard.  Crackers are too hard, Mommy!"  The filling will continue to fall out until they can actually pull the tooth.  They want to wait until he's five to do that though, so we have about ten months of wait and see.  Number Two smiling for the camera:


Darling Daughter's vocabulary expanded again.  There's nothing like being able to hear.  She has also developed a great imagination.  She likes to pretend she's a dog.  Every morning she's been getting up, coming downstairs to eat her "oatmeh," and then crawling around on the floor, barking.  She actually pants sometimes.  It totally cracks me up.  I took the kids to Chick Fila yesterday, and she was barking inside the play area.  I said, "Good dog, baby!"  This little boys looks at me and says, "She ain't no dog!"  Cracked me up.


In other news, I'm now a blue belt!  I earned my new belt my testing on Wednesday.  I was super nervous, but apparently my form looked sharp!  It should, as I've been doing the same form (green belt) for six months.  Now to learn a new form!!!  I braved taking all three kids to Awards last night.  Luckily my good friend, Miranda Grace, brought M&Ms to feed my kids so that helped (until they ran out)!!!  It went over amazingly well, except Number Two kept running in front of the seated parents.  After a few threats of no Chick Fila, he settled down though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services