Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Number One's Insight

I'm sorry for my handful of readers, that I've abandoned my blog.  Summer is SO busy, with swimming and cookouts, and talking, laughing, drinking with friends and family every night.  Plus, I've been trying to organize the house, going through closets, finally unpacking the last of the boxes.  Keeping busy. 

Oh and two of my three now find themselves on the green couch with me at 5:30 in the morning, during my quiet time.  And you know what?  I don't mind.  I like the extra cuddles and the few minutes to chat privately with them about their anticipations for the day.  I like the closeness it brings to us.  The added intimacy before the start of another crazy, rushed morning of throwing food in the crockpot, shoveling breakfast in my mouth, throwing clothes on them, and managing somehow to get dressed (appropriately) myself. 

True Story: Number One sat on the couch with me yesterday, and he was talking about school.  I said something to him about making sure his shoes are on the back of his feet. (He has this habit of walked on the backs of his Converse).

He looked at me and said, "I always put them on right, but that day I didn't because they were wet."

I said, "Why were they wet?"

He said, "The girls at daycare pushed me into a deep puddle."

I said, "Sometimes girls do mean things."

He said, "Yeah, but it's ok because girls are the boss of the whole universe."

I said, "Oh really?  Why do you think that?"

He said, "Because I know it. It's true.  Girls always tell everyone what to do, and the boys just follow them around!"

I giggled at this bit of insight from my seven year old, and I thought about how true it was. 

Then I looked towards the kitchen and I said, "Hubby, Can you grab a glass of water for Darling Daughter?"

Number One looked at me and said, "See Mom.  The Boss of the Universe."

Love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services