Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bald Boogie! Boogie for NAAF!!! #NAAFboogie

First day back on the blog, and I'm asking for money.  Yeah--I know. 

Check out the link below!  I'm fundraising for the National Alopecia Areata Foundation (NAAF).  This cause is close to my heart, as I have had alopecia since I was 5 years old.  I've struggled with self esteem and self acceptance my whole life due to the loss of my hair. 

When all my hair fell out 3 years ago, I looked in the mirror and could not believe I was bald.  I didn't want to go out and face the world.  I didn't want people staring at me.  As hard as it was for me to accept as an adult, you cannot imagine how much harder it is for a child who doesn't have the words or emotional resources to deal with this disease.  From bullying by others to bullying of oneself for not fitting into the society's mold of "ideal beauty,"  this disease can have a huge emotional and psychological impact.

If you have it in your heart, click the link below and donate to NAAF.  Maybe together we can find a cure. 


https://www.stayclassy.org/fundraise?fcid=345667

#naafboogie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services