Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Live Life and Laugh

I was bad yesterday.  My sister texted me around 8:30 PM and said, "Where's your food journal?"  I texted back, "I'd rather not list it." 

After five days at home with the kids by myself, the last thing in the world I wanted to do last night was make dinner.  It took me nearly an hour to pick up two of the kids and make it to my Mom's house where Number One was waiting.  Then, Number One wanted to bring a petrified lizard into the car, and so that was another battle.  There was no gas.  I needed to go to Costco.  I drove to Costco and then we went to Ixtapa.  I had already decided at 5:15, on the way to get Number Two I needed some cheese.  There's nothing better than comfort food. 

I'm thinking a chicken and cheese quesadilla probably has about 1,000 to 1,500 calories.  I ate the whole thing.  So, no, I didn't log it.  I'll do better today, even though I'm going out to eat for a friend's birthday lunch.  I'll have to make better choices.  Sometimes it's okay to splurge, and last night was one of those nights.

On the way home, the boys would not stop saying, "Stupid butt," and giggling like it was the funniest thing in the world.  I told them not to say, "Stupid butt," which just brought on more giggling.  They giggled themselves into bed, and they giggled and laughed and mimicked me while I read them their bedtime stories, and they giggled when I sang, "You Are My Sunshine," and when I got onto them for being loud.  Then Number Two started crying and Number One said he didn't want Number Two to sleep with him, and they fell asleep, chests rising, tears fresh on their eyelashes, exhausted from all that giggling. 

The giggling reminded me of a time when I was little and my Mom and I went down to Sebastian, Florida to visit her family. For some reason, I think it was just she and me, but my cousins were all there.  We were exhausted when we arrived, and we went into the basement and pulled out the foutons and lied down, and I couldn't stop thinking of funny things to say.

I said, "Goodnight John-boy!"

My Mom giggled, and I fell into a fit of laughter and she said, "We're slap happy from being so tired." 

And I curled up next to her and I went to sleep, exhausted from the thrill of just being alive.




1 comment:

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services