Wednesday, May 15, 2013

In One Year




In One Year:


  • I've taken approximately 8,500,000 breaths.
  • I've blinked about 7,700,000 times.
  • I've slept about 2,555 hours. That's approximately 106.46
  • I've drank 1,095 cups of coffee. 
  • I've made 3 goals per week for a total of 156 goals per year.
  • I've followed through on roughly 117 of those goals.
  • I finished writing 1 novel.
  • I edited the novel, and I moaned and complained about editing the novel about 60 times.
  • I was rejected by 4 agents.
  • I read 22 books
  • I hugged my kids about 1,825 times...probably more.
  • I told someone I loved them about 2,500 times...probably more.
  • I did about 208 hours of Taekwondo.
  • I cried 26 times.
  • I lost 20 pounds
  • I gained 10 pounds
  • I've laughed 5,475 times. 
  • My sons have probably laughed about 109,500 EACH!  The world is funnier when you're smaller, apparently!
  • I've worked 2,080 hours.
  • I've burned about 200,000 calories
  • I've run 1 5K.
These are my yearly accomplishments.  It's funny.  When you're going through your day, you never think about how something looks in a year.  Working 2,080 hours seems insane, but we all do it.  Laughing 109,500 times in a year seems AWESOME!!!  Writing 1 book and running 1 5K were my biggest accomplishments this year. Maybe my next birthday when I do this list again having my book published will be my biggest accomplishment.

For me, goals help me keep track of the big picture.  I've set goals over the last couple of years, and I maintain weekly goals.  I strive for what I achieve; sometimes veering off track and sometimes letting the emotions of the day get in the way.  I always find my way back.  Looking at the big picture like this is fun, but setting yearly goals doesn't help, because it's too overwhelming.  It's more fun to look at your annual successes, to think about how all those weekly goals added up to such a huge success.

People who are successful in weight loss and just in life in general know that goal setting is a huge part of the process.  In order to achieve what you want, you have to go for it.  You have to be able to make realistic goals for yourself and then do something about achieving those goals.  For me, it started with setting a routine.  I want to write 2,000 words a day, so I will.  And yes, sometimes routine gets old, and then you need to change it up.  No one wants ho hum all the time.  If we had ho hum we would never laugh as much as my boys do!

My goal this year (after just saying annual goals don't work) is to LAUGH more.  My goal is to stop rolling my eyes when I think something isn't funny.  My goal is to live in the moment with my kids, to love them and hug them more.  My goal is to listen more. My goal is to feel more satisfied with myself and my achievements and to stop being such a dang perfectionist all the time.  After all, I achieved a lot this year and I have a lot to be proud of and thankful for in my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services