Monday, February 11, 2013

Random Rambles

There's this amazing thunderstorm going on right now.  All of the North is buried in 2-3 feet of snow, and we had mild weather this weekend.  We took the kids to ASF (Alabama Shakespeare Festival), and we ran around in tee-shirts. 






Yesterday evening the cold front came in and overnight the thunder was loud, theatrical almost in its booming.  I was surprised when I woke up, and we still had electricity.  I truly love underground power lines. 

I'm listening to Jamiroquai, and it's reminding me of the time that Phil and I went to see them at Luna Park in Buenos Aires, Argentina.  I didn't even know who Jamiroquai was then.  It's funny how you can listen to a song, and it can take you back to a moment, standing there dancing and loving the beat.  Thinking you'll be young forever: stuck in a moment. 

I have to work on finishing up the collages for the 2nd Grade Yearbook.  This is actually something I like to do, using my creativity to format it and making memories.  Plus, when you're doing the Yearbook, you get to make sure your child is well represented! One of the pluses!

This post is just a ramble.  I need to work on my novel, and I'm procrastinating.  I dreamt about my character last night.  There she was standing larger than life in my dreams, as if she really exists outside of my mind.  What a strange feeling, to create something, and then see it vividly. 

I told Hubby the other day that it's funny, because I create these whole little worlds in my head, then other people read it and they "see" it differently than I do.  Their imagination fills in the extraneous details that mine already did without the "telling."  That's one of the things I like about writing: sharing the creativity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services