Saturday, February 9, 2013

Completed: One Virtual Run for Sherry

This morning I did the Virtual Run for Sherry.  I wrote about the virtual run for Sherry a few days ago. 
 
Here I am before the run, in the nice warmth of my car:

 
I forgot to print the bib from the site, so I didn't actually wear it while running.  I ran in New Park, and there were a ton of runners out this morning!  The weather was a balmy 34 degrees, and I forgot my clothes (that would have been hilarious, but I actually forgot my gloves!!!).  My hands warmed up rather quickly though so it wasn't a problem!
 
And--I completed my first 5K, even though it wasn't an organized race.  I ran 3.2 miles in 32.58 minutes!  So proud of this huge accomplishment, and I'm glad I did it for a cause.  I kept thinking about running for Sherry every time I wanted to stop, and it kept me going. 
 
Did you run for Sherry?  If so, post your stats in the comments section!!! 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Bib or not, you got out there and even did more than you have before. I'm so excited for you! We ran for Sherry, too, it was a great morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny! I'm excited too! I now know I can do a 5K too. How far did you run?

    ReplyDelete

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services