Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve is Here Again

It's Christmas Eve, and I can hardly believe that this year has flown by so quickly.  I'm working a half day today, then I'll be home with my family to sing Christmas carols, eat, drink and be merry.  The kids are off the wall with excitement, dreaming about Lego Ninjagos, dollhouses, and all the other toys they may get from Santa Claus tomorrow morning. 

Here's what last Christmas looked like, and tomorrow I'll see what this Christmas looks like.  How fast they grow and how quickly the years slip by.  Enjoy every single moment you have with your children, because childhood is so fleeting.


I woke up this morning ready to run.  I needed to after spending much of yesterday on the couch or holding a sick child or sleeping.  I watched Glee pretty much all day long and indulged in potato chips.  I wrote about 5,000 more words of my novel, bringing my total now to 40,000 (roughly 150 pages).  I started reading, "For Whom the Bell Tolls," which promises to be a good book even if it does seem somewhat depressing.  I didn't exercise, unless you count the 25 minutes I jumped on the trampoline while all the kids were with their dad at the doctor being diagnosed with sinus infections. 

Some days it's super nice to be lazy.  I woke up with a plan to go running today.  I opened the door to the cats mewing, and alas it has already started raining here in Alabama.  The beginning of the Christmas storm has made it's way towards us so my feet won't hit the pavement. 

I'm okay with that.  I'll get back to running in a few days.  For today, I'm going to enjoy work.  I'm going to come home and enjoy my kids, my dad, my brother and his family.  I'm going to take joy in the fact that I have a family to share this wonderful time with.  I'm going to delight in the looks of my children's face tomorrow morning as they creep down the stairs and see what Santa left them. 

As I write this, the music of Pachelbel's Canon has begun playing on my Pandora, raising my spirits even more.

Merry Christmas Everyone!  May Yours be Shiny and Bright!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services