Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Goal Post

The Goal Post

This past week, I went to visit my sister.  She has newborn twins.  They are amazing.  I am in total love with them.  I wish they lived closer, so I could help her more, and who knows...quit my job and be a nanny to them! There is nothing more amazing then holding new life in your arms, seeing their little faces light up and watching babies grow and learn how to explore the world. 

Here's an Update on my Goals from Last Week:

  • Work on Novel: Because of my little trip, my novel was pushed on the back burner again. I don't need to lose my motivation.  I need to pick it up and start writing again.  I have it all plotted out. It's a matter of getting the words on paper.  There simply are not enough hours in the day for me to do everything I want to do!

  • Run 1.75 miles: I ran 1.90 miles and then 2.10 miles.  So, I went over my goal.  I have a complete love for running.  When I was visiting my sister, I kept seeing runners, and I envied them!  I achieved my goals this week by turning off the voice of the RunKeeper lady who tells you how long you've been running, but I kept the distance measure on. I do feel like it is getting easier for me.  I don't feel like stopping anymore, and my breathing has gotten better.  I slowed my pace as many of my friends recommended, and it really helped.

Goals for the Upcoming Week

  • Work on My Novel: I'm starring this goal.  If I don't make any of my goals except this one this week, I'll be happy.  I did spend some time last week looking into how to get published. I looked at self-publishing and regular publishing.  I don't think self publishing is the way to go, because everyone is self publishing these days.  It is hard to get adult fiction books published nowadays, so I know once I finish the work then I'll have more work cut out for me.

  • Run 2.0 miles consistently: Ok, so I did make my 2.0 mile goal last week, but I don't want to increase too much too quickly.  I need o make sure my body is okay with building up slowly, and I don't injure something. 

  • Clean Out My Closet: I posted yesterday about getting rid of bigger clothes.  I need to do this.  I need to clean out my closet completely, box up clothes to give back to friends, and to give to charity.  I need to do the same to my kids' closets.  I have tons of boy clothes to give to my sister who will need them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services