Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Goal Post

The Goal Post
This week has been hard.  I've been fighting a cold, and of course it is Halloween.  Halloween equals candies and treats and bad goodies to eat!  And eat, I did.  Plus, with me fighting this horrible cold I haven't worked out the way I'm used to.  I feel like a sludge.  But, I did a pretty good job making my goals this week, and once I'm a 100% better I'm going to jump into my goals for next week.
 
  • Run .75 miles: And I did.  I had two runs where I ran an actual WHOLE mile 1 mile!!! My first run I did in 9 minutes 50 seconds, and the second I cut the time to 9 minutes 43 seconds.  I'm getting there.  I really need good running shoes though, and I have had thoughts of taking my boys out running.  We'll see if they'd like it!
  •  
  • Lose 1 pound: I lost two pounds this week.  I'm so excited.  I've been at a standstill for a long time, but I think it's because I religiously logged into MyFitnessPal and tracked my food. I'm going to keep that up to lose this last thirteen pounds!
  •  
  • Work on My Novel: I did not achieve this.  I pulled it up and looked at it...once.  I just don't have enough time in the day.  Plus, Darling Daughter is having a sleeping strike right now, and she wants me to lay down with her, and I usually end up falling asleep!!!  Excuses, excuses, excuses.  Must do better next week!
 
Goals for the Upcoming Week
  • Run 1.25 miles: I'm going to go out Friday at lunch and buy new running shoes, so I'm thinking this weekend I should be able to up my total time running and do a 1.25 mile stretch without stopping. 
  •  
  • Perfect my Yul Guk Form: I probably just butchered the spelling of my form.  I'm a third degree blue belt now, and for some reason this form just gets me.  It is mostly hand movements and not so many kicks.  I need to really work on it at home a bit and perfect it. 
  •  
  • Work on my Novel:  I'm going to include this on the list every week, until I actually finish my novel.  Completion would be great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services