Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Goal Post Week of May 1, 2012

I'm moving the goal posts back to Tuesday.  I like it here, at the beginning of the week, giving me more to aspire to as I move through my days.  When I post them on Thursday I tend to forget them in the weekend shuffle.

I have a eating problem right now, as in I'm eating everything in front of me.  I don't know why, but all of a sudden my appetite is back with a vengeance.  I think this may come from my new found love of cooking.  When you start to cook again, you can open the refrigerator and imagine the possibilities!

This week I made this yummy olive bread from the Pioneer Woman site:


I know, it has olives in it right? So it has to be healthy for me.  Um, it also has a whole stick of butter, mayo, and a whole pack of cheese! Delish, yum, bad for my hips! So, needless to say, I did not lose my pound this week.  I didn't gain a pound either.  I'm sort of just stuck at my last number, and I still need to lose at least twenty pounds.  I hate feeling stuck.

As for my goals last week, I didn't do such a great job! I think I'm going to carry a sticky note around with me and cross them off the list as I do them.

I managed to clean the bathrooms.  I deep cleaned the two downstairs bathrooms, and we vacuumed and mopped the living room area, de-cluttered, cleaned the kitchen, and that was enough for me.  Son Number One had friends over on Sunday (and we had their parents over!) and so the upstairs looks like it was destroyed by a tornado!

I also made food last week twice.  The family wasn't so appreciative of the salmon I made on Saturday, but I'm trying to add fish to our diet at least once a week.  I'm trying to make what we eat healthier.  Needless to say, the kids may drop a few pounds, because they keep turning their noses up at everything I make! 

My goals this week:
  • Log onto MyFitnessPal (MFP) every day, and be honest with my food intake.  I need to track how many extra calories I'm eating, so I can cut down and lose.  MFP wants me to eat 1200 calories a day, and it seems like so little.  Of course, I can eat more on exercise days.
  • Workout five days a week.  I'm switching to day classes twice a week to be home more at night.  I have to push myself to go in the middle of the day, because if it's a hard workout it leaves me really tired at work.
  • Read.  This may seem like a silly goal, but my reading has taken a backseat to everything.  I'm in the middle of Anna Karenina, and I'd like to finish it before the end of the century.  Plus my writing is not coming along like I wish it would so instead I'm going to find the time to read.  Reading can help aspiring writers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services