Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Goal Post May 23, 2012

I am sore today, and not in the "feel so good," way! I pushed myself, and I went to TKD last night because I knew they'd have a little break this weekend with the holiday.  I wanted to make sure to fit in my workouts. I probably shouldn't have, because I was tired, in a bad mood, and still super sore from the workout from Monday.  My body was screaming for a break, and alas I have one for a few days!

The next few days are all about endings and new beginnings.  I rotated off the PTA board, and for that I'm excited.  I overextended myself.  I have recently comes to terms with something, although I feel like I'm a pretty laid back person, I can definitely be Type A.  Joining PTA was that way for me.  I joined, because I thought I could do the best job, and because I thought I needed to join for the kids.  In the end, I only felt overextended and I couldn't give it enough time, so I'm glad someone else will be able to give it their full attention next year.

Son Number One performed in a little program yesterday at the last PTA meeting.  He sang a cute ABC song and "You are My Sunshine."  I stared at him, willing myself to believe he is now moving uup to the second grade.  Only two more weeks of first grade left.  My baby is growing up.

This week has felt overwhelming to me, but I want to focus on the positivity of my goals. 

My goals last week were:

  • Clean the upstairs bathrooms: This just didn't get done.  I cleaned the upstairs a bit, the downstairs, and the downstairs bathrooms.  I absolutely HAVE to move this to my list for this week, and fortunately we have nothing on our agenda for the long Memorial Day weekend, so I'll have plenty of time to clean.
  • Blog Two Times: I was able to achieve this.  I focused some of my energy last week on blogging and reading, and celebrating my birthday with my awesome friends and family.
  • Lose 1 Pound: I lost SIX pounds last week!  SIX!!!  I've lost 38 pounds so far.  I still want to lose about 20 more.  I'm so proud of my hard work.  I'm finally getting to the point where I can see it's totally paying off.
Goals this week:
  • Establish Clear Cut Rules for the Kids and Post Them: I've been thinking about this a lot.  Son Number One thinks he has no limits, and Son Number Two at age 4 is starting to follow his example.  Hubby and I are going to post some rules in the house and make sure they are observed.  We're going to reward with positive reinforcement and have consequences when they are not followed.  We're thinking about doing a point system again, if I can follow through.
  • Write Every Day: I've been reading and not writing as much, but the truth is I feel better when I write.  I don't think I'm EVER going to be a great author, although maybe I'm slighting myself by saying that.  I think I have a habit of looking at the big picture, instead of the details, and I think true writers are detail oriented.  Still, I need to work on my story, and try to go about getting it published. 
  • Lose Two Pounds: I'd really like to lose two pounds this week, so I can be at 40 pounds lost!  I think that's an awesome goal, and I'd be so proud of myself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services