Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Birthday Goal Post: May 15, 2012

Today is my birthday.  This year is just flying by, as have all thirty-three other years of my life.  I read an article recently that 33 is supposed to be the best year of your life.  Let's see if I can make THIS the best year of my life! 

I don't have a photo of me as a newborn (my parents still have those), but here I am as a baby looking a whole lot like darling daughter (oh, and with hair!):

Aww--wasn't I cute?

But today is goal post Tuesday, and what a GREAT day to set some goals.  There's nothing like looking at your life just as one year has passed and another one is spreading out before you. 

Goals for last week were:

  • Complete Wayback Wednesday post: This was completed on Thursday!  Yeah, I'm so proud of myself.  I haven't had as much time to blog lately, because I've been super busy in every aspect of my life. 
  • 50 Crunches a Night: Boo.  I didn't accomplish this goal.  We did about 200 crunches or something crazy like that at TKD on Thursday night.  Then I went camping, so I had some exercise there!  I'll work on crunches this week, especially those darn V things that are the death of me!
I didn't set many goals last week, because I knew our friend was coming in town to go camping with us and there wasn't a whole lot of time to accomplish things.  Here are my goals for this week:

  • Clean the bathrooms upstairs: I generally try to avoid looking at the upstairs, because the boys keep it such a mess.  I went into their bathroom the other day and it reeked.  GROSS!  Who wants that?  I need to put these bathrooms on a cleaning schedule, like I do with the bathrooms downstairs.
  • Lose 1 pound: After having a few rest days from TKD, I fell off my plateau and lost two pounds!  I didn't even have that as a goal last week, because I'd been stuck on the plateau for so long.  So, my goal this week is to lose another pound.  I do believe my body needs a couple of rest days in between the workouts, and I've worked these into my schedule for now.
  • Blog for two more days this week: I'm trying to get back into a blog routine.  I don't know why this is so hard for me lately.  I've been reading a lot more, and just had other things to do in the evenings and morning, so blogging has not been coming as naturally. I've already started a post about our little camping trip this past weekend, however, so there will definitely be one more post to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services