Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Back to the Grind

Today, I have to go back to work.  I've been home since last Saturday, and even though it was only two days off work it seemed like forever.  I feel so comfortable being home with the kids.  I absolutely love it.  I feel like we reconnect, and then it is over, and I am back to my busy life.  Luckily, school has not started again which actually helps me feel not so busy, plus we're in a mini-break from our many activities right now.  I'll spend most of today at work sorting through emails, in meetings, and then finishing off a spreadsheet.  It will go by fast.

I was looking through some photos I took over Christmas.  I haven't taken any since, because unfortunately I left my camera outside in the rain.  It's sitting in a bag of rice for a few days to soak up any water, and then we'll see if it still works.  If not, off to the Canon store it goes.  I, idiotically, left it outside after taking photos of the kids playing with their new soccer goal.  We don't really have the funds to buy a brand new camera right now, so hopefully the rice will do the trick.  Apparently, there are a lot of other idiots in the world who have done this, so I don't feel so bad!

Anyway, I digress.  I took some photos of Darling Daughter playing hide and go seek in our new house.  She's wearing a pink and white hat with a white bob on top that I used to wear in the winter to cover up my bald spots.  I don't have a fancy photo editor, like Photoshop (but I want it!), so I just played around with the 1960s effect on Picasa, and I just am in love with these photos. 




I love the way the effect makes the birds on her dress look.  So cute!  She is such a sweetheart, but she is clingy--and definitely a Momma's girl!  Yesterday, one of my friends came over who I hadn't seen in a long time, and Darling Daughter was disastrously disabled by her fear of strangers.  She followed me around, like a little shadow, grabbed my pants leg, stood in front of me saying, "Up" in her squeaky voice.  As soon as said friend left, she was fine.  I guess I'll just have really strong arms from holding 26 pounds of baby all break long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services