Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Goals Week of April 23, 2012

My posts are all over the place!  When I first started this blog, way back in November, I was writing goal posts on Tuesday and Wayback Wednesday posts on Wednesdays.  Now, I've just been fitting them in wherever. 

One of my goals this week is to work on a Wayback Wednesday post for next Wednesday.  I have a lot of "Wayback" stories to tell, and I think this blog serves as a sort of journal for my adventures in the past.  I haven't even divulged some of the craziest times in my life or the best adventures!!!

This week, I had a goal to lose one pound, which I didn't achieve.  I think this is because I lost four pounds last week.  I haven't gained, and certainly last night after doing over 100 situps in TKD, I came home and my stomach felt a lot flatter.  It certainly will never be flat like it was before Number One, Number Two, and Darling Daughter came along, but I wouldn't trade them for the flattest stomach in the world!

I haven't written this week.  I've had too much going on.  I plan to write some tomorrow, but my other big goal is to clean my bedroom and to clean the bathrooms (all four of them!).  My bedroom is such a pit.  I've had a problem keeping my bedroom clean since I was, um, born or at least since I was fifteen or so.  I'd like to reorganize my life, and keeping the house clean is part of that.  I also need to do a deep clean, dust, mop, etc. this weekend.  It's on my short list.  We'll see if I can get it done.

I've continued to love cooking in my crockpot.  I made a Weight Watchers chicken and dumplings recipe, and it was pretty good.  I enjoyed it, and the kids enjoyed it which is always a bonus.  They are sometimes so hard to please when it comes to food.  I want to make crispy salmon this week with noodles, but the coconut oil it called for cost $10 at the grocery store. $10 for something I'm going to use once, no thank you!  I guess I can substitute a different type of oil, but will the recipe be as good?  Anyone know?

My goals this week are:

  • Lose 1 pound (I know, this is so creative!  I bet you are so sick of reading this!)
  • Clean Bathrooms and Bedroom
  • Write or Edit my writing
  • Continue to cook two meals a week

3 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind me stopping by. I have enjoyed reading your blog, and just wanted to say I think your weekly goals are excellent. I am in the bad habit of writing to do lists long enough to take a full year to accomplish. I get so down when I can not complete them all. I think having 3-5 goals each week would be a far more positive and healthy approach. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Taliah!  Thanks for stopping by.  I'm glad people actually read my blog and get something from it.  I decided, when I was ready to make a change in my life, that I needed to go about it a different way and thus came the weekly goals.  I feel like it helps me track it better, and it is so much easier to achieve them than to say: I need to lose 65 pounds in the next year.  Looking at losing 1 lb vs. 65 is so much easier.  It's funny how my goals have evolved and changed over the year too!  Keep up the work.  I'm sure you'll achieve your goals too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Taliah!  Thanks for stopping by.  I'm glad people actually read my blog and get something from it.  I decided, when I was ready to make a change in my life, that I needed to go about it a different way and thus came the weekly goals.  I feel like it helps me track it better, and it is so much easier to achieve them than to say: I need to lose 65 pounds in the next year.  Looking at losing 1 lb vs. 65 is so much easier.  It's funny how my goals have evolved and changed over the year too!  Keep up the work.  I'm sure you'll achieve your goals too!

    ReplyDelete

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services