Sunday, January 11, 2015

What's Your Purpose?

I've decided the way to be happy is to be purpose driven.  A few years ago, there was a popular book out called, "The Purpose Driven Life," by Rick Warren.  It was a Christian book, and I never read it, so I can't pretend to know what it was about.  But for some reason, since I heard about this book I've never read, I have thought about this: how do you live a purpose driven life?

What's your purpose for being on the earth?  Do you go through your days feeling lost and alone? Or are you one of these people who is always surrounded by others, knows exactly what to do, and is driven towards success?  For a few years, I really struggled with my purpose.  I didn't have many friends when I moved back to Alabama. I spent a few years sitting in front of the television, playing with babies, and eating my emotions away.  I would read stories of people who were wildly successful writers, and I would think, "How'd they do that? I could never do that."  But the truth is: anyone can become successful by actively setting goals and achieving them.

I finally figured out my purpose, and it is embedded in a lot of other aspects of my life, but my purpose for being alive is to write.  I'm driven to do it, and as such, it's the one thing I need to throw myself into wholeheartedly.  I write for myself. Sure, I'd love to become a famous author, and I'm trying.  TRYING. This is the thing I was missing before. I was all "woe is me, I will never become a writer." Well of course, I wasn't going to be a successful writer if I wasn't writing at all.  If I never even tried to promote my book.  If I sat on the couch, watching endless hours of television and not writing a word on my laptop, then I'd never get anywhere. If I couldn't bother to edit my book, because it was just to hard. If I didn't realize that achieving your dreams takes a lot of hard work, and a long time to accomplish.  These are all excuses we tell ourselves out of FEAR.  Fear of living the life we're supposed to live, fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of love: you name it.

The way to find your purpose is to find out what you love to do, and then DO IT.  Go for it, with all your heart!  Write every day if you're a writer.  Stop being afraid to do what you really want to do or what you really need to do for yourself. Stop blaming other people for your lack of success. Start looking at yourself and see how you can make your drams come true.  You miss out on a lot by being afraid: on life, on love, on finding your purpose.  Don't let that happen to you.






Check me out on Wattpad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services