Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Goal Post

The Goal Post
 
 
Thursday already.  I am always in awe of how fast the weeks go by.  Time slips by so quickly, and I can never get a grasp on it.
 
I had a wonderful week of making my goals!  I really stuck to my goals that I posted in last week's goal post.
  • Run: And I did.  I went on two runs this week.  One on Sunday and one on Thursday.  My conclusion: I'm not a good runner at all.  I like doing it though.  I don't know why I like it.  I've always hated it.  I can only run about .60 miles, then I have to walk, then I can run .60 miles again.  I'm going to try to build up to .75 miles this week...but now I'm jumping ahead of myself!
  •  
  • Log into MyFitnessPal.  I logged in twice, maybe three times.  I've made my caloric goals this week...maybe.  I find it funny that I can't be honest with an online calorie tracker.  The day I went to eat at Ixtapa, I quit adding foods after lunch.  So, um, I need to do a better job!
  •  
  • Accept myself.  I'm working on this.  Some days are easy and some days are hard.  I believe we are our own biggest critic, and I don't believe that ever stops.  Some day I wish I could see myself the way others see me.  I wonder what they think and how they perceive me.  That could be scary though.  Anyway--acceptance is a long term goal, probably for all of us...
 
Goals for the Upcoming Week
  • Run-.75 miles at a time this week.  And did you know that at 5 in the morning, the stars are incredible? I was in awe.  I'm not sure I've looked up and just stared in a long time!  I downloaded Pandora, finally, so running with good music will make things easier!
  •  
  • Lose 1 pound. Achieve this by watching what I eat and keeping better track of my food.  I feel like I'm slipping, getting comfortable and feeling like I can maintain, but I'm not ready to maintain yet.  I need to lose 15 more pounds.  So, maybe having the actual numeral goal will help me achieve this.  We'll see!
  •  
  • Work on my novel.  Quit procrastinating.  I pick it up, write a few pages, and I walk away for a week...or a year.  I know of several authors who worked on novels for many years, but I just need to work on it and finish. I know where my characters are taking me.  I just need to let them lead me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services