Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Goal Post Tuesday June 5, 2012

Today is Tuesday and that means it's goal day!  I have lost a total of 40 pounds.  I can barely believe it, except for all the clothes that are falling off when I wear them!  I've been really digging skirts, because of the elastic waists that they usually have. 

I skipped goal posting last week.  I've had a busy two weeks, and blogging has taken a low place on the priority list apparently.  Although I skipped, I did think about my goals from the week before. 

I had several goals, and unfortunately the only one I achieved was losing the 2 pounds.  We have not posted the rules for the kids, but I really want to do this before summer starts.  Number One and Number Two are in need of some limit setting, and Hubby and I are sort of pushovers in that department.  I love the kids, but I have to admit that discipline is not my strong point.  I have a temper, so I get angry, or I'm too soft.  There's sort of no middle ground.  We had a time when we had rules posted in the house, and it worked really well, so I'm going to do it again. 

My other goal last week was to write every day, and this didn't happen either.  I did a lot of reading last week and sitting around when I wasn't at Taekwondo.  I just didn't have the energy.  In fact, I've been fighting off a cold, and I think that's why my body is so tired.

This week, my goals are all about organization.  I'm trying to organize some aspects of my life, so things flow more easily.  It may be hard for me to make these goals too, because I'm going out of town on Friday, so I don't have as much time to accomplish them, but I'm still going to set them down in writing.

  • Make a Chore Chart for Hubby and the Kids: We're in bad need of a physical reminder, with a checklist, of items that need to be cleaned around the house.  Sure, we can sit around and look at the mess and clutter and complain about it, but having a list to check off will surely help us accomplish more.  I've tried this before, and it didn't work, but we're going to try it again!
  • Create a Calendar: I want to be able to post a monthly calendar on our fridge, so everyone knows where everyone will be on a certain day.  Our schedules are so busy, that I think this will help.  I'd also like to use this calendar to fill in certain things like: Lauren cook dinner tonight, Hubby pick up kids today, etc. 
  • Clean Bathrooms: I know that you all don't want to know the ins and outs of our potties!  Putting this here actually helps me achieve this dreaded chore.  Every time I've put it on my blog I've cleaned them.  So once again, clean those bathrooms!!! 
Now I'm off to make this yummy chicken.  I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSubmit Express - SEO Services